AIM #1 is a liquid applied urethane coating that forms a very tough, high performance barrier. It is used as a coating to protect and waterproof concrete gullies, docks and marinas, tile and concrete pipes, chemical safety dikes and wash-out basins. AIM #1 cures to a rubber-like finish that possesses excellent elasticity and will resist attack from the environment and from exposure to a wide variety of industrial chemicals.
- Forms a continuous membrane that resists penetration of de-icing salts, gasoline, oils, anti-freeze and a wide range of chemicals
- Rapidly develops a high tensile strength and good elongation properties
- May be used on vertical, pitched, and horizontal surfaces
- Allows for movement of the substrate while maintaining excellent toughness
- Performs equally well as a surface coating, buried membrane, or below grade waterproofer
- Cures quickly; easy to apply
- Can be repaired when damaged
- K-CATALYST to reinforce and add strength to surfaces
- Provides a waterproof basecoat on concrete parking structures.
- Forms a tough, buried waterproof membrane beneath pavers, etc in plazas, balconies and outdoor recreation areas.
- Waterproofing below tank bottoms and fixed equipment
- Waterproofs basements, crawl spaces, tunnels, junction boxes and shower pans.
Can be used over below pavers, asphalt pavement, concrete, fibreglass composites, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber/plastic composites, and other surfaces.
Approximate 30 – 50 sq ft/unit, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
Do not apply AIM #1 to wet, damp, or frozen surfaces. Do not apply if the area cannot be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application. AIM #1 is applied directly out of the container after at least 2 minutes of low speed drill stirring. Do not thin the product. Apply in 2 coats using a soft brush, medium nap roller, or airless sprayer in a smooth, even technique.
Utilize a 45:1 airless pump, a 1/2″ hose, 3/8″ whip and a 31 width tip
40 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
To walk on: Approx 24 hours at 80°F (27°C) and 70% RH
To walk on: With the addition of Andek Accelerator. Approx 3 hours at 80°F (27°C) and 70% RH
Total Cure: Approx 72 hours (to 55 degree Shore ‘A’) at 80°F (27°C) and 70% RH
Total Cure: With the addition of Andek Accelerator. Approx 24 hours (to 55 degree Shore ‘A’) at 80°F (27°C) and 70% RH
Equipment may be cleaned after use with xylene or toluene before AIM #1 begins to dry
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Protect from moisture and foreign materials. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 50ºF (10ºC) and 90ºF (27ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Moisture Vapor Transmission||8.4 gms/M²/24 hours (0.7 perms)||ASTM E-96|
|Tensile Strength||600 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Solids Content||90% (B.W.); 93% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||55 degrees||ASTM D-2240|
|Flashpoint||105°F||FTMS 141A (M4293)|
|Flexibility at Low Temperature
||180 degree bend @-10°F||ASTM C-711|
|Viscosity at 70°F
||7,000 cps||ASTM D-446|
|Puncture Resistance||120 psi||ASTM D-154-79|
||4mm indent||ASTM D-1474|
|Average Dry Film Thickness
||40 mils||ASTM D-1005|
|Crack Bridging Ability