24 Standard Colors. Custom Colors are available.
ANDEK COLOR CHART >
WEARCOAT 66 is a solvent based cyclo-aliphatic urethane based coating. It produces a tough, glossy, hard-wearing and chemically resistant surface for the protection of urethane and polyester composites, concrete, masonry, and over approved substrates. WEARCOAT 66 is available as a transparent, glossy coating or as a pigmented material that possesses excellent color fastness and ultra-violet radiation resistance as well as high tensile strength. WEARCOAT 66 will encapsulate most aggregates, including sharp, angular types used for traction enhancement.
- Will encapsulate rough, angular aggregates
- Cured film is flexible, tough, and abrasion-resistant
- May be used for traction enhancement in pedestrian and vehicular situations
- Accommodates normal substrate movement and thermal stresses
- Highly resistant to staining and deterioration from most chemicals
- Maintains its attractive, clean appearance
- Easily scrubbed and cleaned to maintain its attractive, clean appearance
- Available in a wide variety of colors and textures
- Protects the surface of waterproof membranes over parking structures plazas, balconies and walkways.
- Provides a durable finish coating inside fountains, ponds, tanks and water features.
- Produces a waterproof, traction-enhanced coating on stairways and access ramps.
- Forms a protective colorfast finish over polyurea, polyester, PVC and composite decks.
Can be used over concrete, fibreglass composites, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites, PUF and other surfaces.
Approximate 2 coats @400 sq ft/gal per coat, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Two-part aliphatic urethane
Preparation and Application
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry, and completely free of loose particles, oil, grease, or any substance that would interfere with proper bond. If overcoating a painted surface, check compatibility first, as some paints may bleed color or be lifted by solvents.
Add Part ‘B’ color concentrate to the clear Part ‘A’ and stir thoroughly for 3 minutes. WEARCOAT 66 is applied at a rate of 400 square feet per gallon per coat. WEARCOAT 66 may be applied by brush, roller, or airless spray technique in a thin, even coat. If traction enhancement is required, the use of vulcanized synthetic rubber granules are recommended. SoftSand Rubber from SoftPoint Industries is available in one-pint or 5-gallon containers from Andek Corporation. Available in several textures (see SoftSand Rubber data sheet), it is applied at a rate of 1 to 2 pints per 100 square feet. Broadcast or mix-in techniques may be used to achieve various levels of traction enhancement. After the first coat has thoroughly dried with the embedded aggregate, a second coat of WEARCOAT 66 is applied to thoroughly encapsulate the aggregate.
3 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT) per coat
Approximately 3 hours at 70°F (50% RH)
Approximately 1.5 hours at 70°F (50% RH)
Approximately 24 hours at 70°F (50% RH)
Equipment may be cleaned with toluene or xylene while the WEARCOAT 66 is still wet.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid opened containers, as moisture will cure the material. Do not apply in temperatures below 35°F. Application must be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours. Shelf life is 12 months when stored in proprietary sealed containers between 45°F and 85°F.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Resistance to Corrosion||10||ASTM D-1654|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||95||ASTM D-2240|
|Tensile Strength||4,500 lb/square inch||ASTM D-412|
|Solids Content||72% (B.W.); 66% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
||110° F||FTMS 141A (M4293)|
|Flexibility @ Low Temperatures
||180 deg. Bend @ 20°F||ASTM C-711|
||4 mm indent||ASTM D-1474|
|Water Absorption||Zero||ASTM D570-77|
|Weatherometer (5000 hours)||Pass||ASTM G-23|