COCOON 501 is formulated for interior surfacing of masonry, plywood, steel, etc. COCOON 501 is a liquid polyvinyl chloride coating which can be sprayed on any clean, dry building surface. Wherever it is sprayed, it forms a tough, strong permanent waterproof skin that is adaptable to most surfaces. COCOON 501 seals against moisture, gases, corrosion, and particulates, and maintains excellent low temperature flexibility.
- Highly efficient seal for interior applications such as dust-free areas, shower rooms, brewery fermentation rooms and bottling plants, hospital scrub rooms, and natatoriums
- Provides abrasion resistance, washability, moisture protection, chemical resistance, and bacteria resistance
- Resists corrosion and surface deterioration caused by acids, oils, fats, greases, and fungi
- Maintains an effective gas seal coating in controlled atmosphere storage, hyperbaric suites, and fumigation warehouses
- Effectively seals plenum chambers and ducts in environmental control systems against air loss
- Bridging characteristics provide a permanent seal around lights, filters, pipe and duct penetrations, and at all ceiling and wall joints
Approximate 1 gallon per 100 sq ft per coat x 4
Polyvinyl Chloride Solution
Preparation and Application
All surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease, or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Additionally, all surfaces should be modified in a manner to make them as smooth as possible by removing sharp projections and filling gaps and voids
A minimum surface profile of ½mm should be maintained for maximum adhesion. After proper masking, prime the entire sur-face to be coated with Vinyl Bond B, directly from the can, by spray or roller and allow the primer to dry. Close all penetrations through the surface by using a webbing coat. Webbing solution is made by mixing 1 part webbing agent with 3 parts Cocoon 501 to produce a milky, white solution that will support the following coats. Mix ½ gallon of Cocoon Pigment into a 5 gallon can of Cocoon 501 and mix until the color is uniform. Spray apply the mixed Cocoon 501 in multiple overlapping passes until a 20 mil dry film thickness has been achieved. Properly applied, the coating should be free of voids and pinholes. Voids and pinholes must be re-sprayed to achieve a complete seal. Prior to the removal of any protection or equipment, a thorough inspection of the entire area should be completed and all damage or deficiencies must be repaired and re-sprayed. All termination joints should be sealed with a polyurethane sealant.
3 to 5 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
About 5 minutes per coat
Equipment may be cleaned with Acetone
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Protect from moisture and foreign materials. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 50ºF (10ºC) and 90ºF (27ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Moisture Vapor Transmission
|Flexibility at Low Temperature
|180 deg. bend @ -30°C
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness
|Weatherometer (240 hours)
|30% (B.W.); 25% (B.V.)
|FTMS 141A (M4293)