AIM #3 is a premium quality, single component waterproofing coating that is especially designed to waterproof building foundations. It is resistant to sulfates, soil contaminants, bacteria, and other environmental conditions. AIM #3 is designed for permanent flexibility and toughness, to bridge and move with hairline cracks, and to resist impingement attack.
- Sets quickly and begins to cure immediately after application
- Remains flexible and tough
- Highly penetrative and workable
- Extremely durable and waterproof
- Prevents damage from water, even under ponded conditions
- Possesses a 20-year life expectancy
- Can be applied at any temperature; not affected by sudden rain
- Provides vapor barrier waterproofing for floors and walls in freezers, walk-in coolers and blast refrigerators.
- Impermeability to gas diffusion seals, floors and walls against radon and obnoxious effluvia.
- Protects the walls and doors of malting facilities and mushroom houses from steam infiltration.
- Seals the walls, floors and insulation of wood drying kilns, resists tannins, etc.
Can be used over below pavers, concrete, fiberglass composites, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber/plastic composites, and other surfaces.
Approximate 50 sq ft/unit, depending upon substrate
24 Standard Colors. Custom Colors are available.
ANDEK COLOR CHART >
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
AIM #3 may be applied straight from the container after 2 minutes of low speed mechanical stirring. Apply the product using brush, roller, or airless spray technique
If airless spray application is desired, a custom blended AIM #3 version is available to be used with the following equipment: ratio 30:1 or 40:1 with a ½” or ¾” hose and a #35 or larger tip. A shorter hose will increase output at the tip. Apply AIM #3 in a smooth, even fashion to achieve a uniform coating thickness in either 1 or 2 coats.
20 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Approximately 3 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 70% RH.
Clean tools and equipment with xylene or toluene solvent
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 1 years from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 40ºF (5ºC) and 90ºF (32ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Moisture Vapor Transmission||0.01 perms||ASTM E-96|
|Tensile Strength||864 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Solids Content||63% (B.W.); 55% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness
|Weatherometer (5000 hours)
|Density||Approx. 9 lb/gallon||ASTM D-1475|
|Viscosity||Approx. 15,000 cps||ASTM D-446|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||180° bend @ 10°F||ASTM C-711|
|Flashpoint (closed cup)||105° F||FTMS 141A(M4293)|