SILVER FILM is a single component, liquid applied, bright aluminum solar reflective coating that will maintain its reflective qualities for many years. It is a high solids, thermoplastic resin based product that maintains superior adhesion to most metals as well as asphaltic, or coal tar pitch roofs. SILVER FILM is highly effective for either pitched or flat surfaces where ponded water conditions occur.
SILVER FILM is significantly different to other aluminum colored roof coatings. It contains no asphalt, no fillers and uses high quality automotive grade flake pigment. At 3.5 pounds of aluminum metal flake per gallon it produces a layer of protective metal composite that can provide 7 to 10 years of protection in a single coat.
- Reflects 73% of solar heat and protects substrate against rust, corrosion, UV damage and acid rain
- Helps reduce energy costs by providing both solar reflection and radiant heat reflection.
- Easy to apply straight out of the container by brush, roller or airless spray
- May be applied over rusted and corroded metals
- Single component, solvent-based formula allows for application in a wide temperature range
- Reduces the intensity of roof deck expansion and contraction cycles
- Protects metals with corrosion-inhibiting ingredients
- May be used on vertical, pitched and horizontal surfaces and withstands ponding water
- Remains tough at low temperatures and will not flow at high temperatures
- Will not re-emulsify or wash away with rainwater
- Can easily be recoated
- Seven year material warranty
Can be used over BUR, rubber, steel, modified bitumen, aluminum, previously painted surfaces and other approved surfaces
1 gallon, 5 gallon, 55 gallon
Bright silver, highly reflective
Resin based, air drying thermoplastic
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
Do not apply Silver Film to wet, damp, or frozen surfaces. Do not apply if the area cannot be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application.
Silver Film is applied directly out of the container after at least 2 minutes of low speed drill stirring. Do not thin the product. Apply in 2 coats using a soft brush, medium nap roller, or airless sprayer in a smooth, even technique.
For spray application use 30:1 airless pump, 3/8″ short hose and 17 to 19 tip
3 to 6 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Approximately 250 to 300 sq ft/gallon, depending upon substrate
At 80°F (27°C) and 70% RH.
Touch Dry – Approximately 36 hours
Complete through Dry – Approximately 10 to 14 days
Clean tools and equipment with Mineral Spirits
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 40ºF (4ºC) and 90ºF (32ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Initial Solar Reflectance
|Solar Reflectance after 5 years
|I.R. Reflectance after 5 years
|Viscosity Average @ 70º F
|FTMS 141A (M4293)
|Softening Point (R & B)
|Total Solids Content
|75% (B.W.); 72% (B.V.)